While renovating or spring cleaning your house, have you ever found yourself surrounded by debris and garbage, exasperated by what to do with it? Or, if you are in the construction business, are you worried about a lawsuit if you don’t dispose of the waste properly? A dumpster rental service is what you need as it will take the garbage hassle off your head. But you may wonder how much does it cost to rent a dumpster!
Before finding out about the cost of renting a trash dumpster, you should first know some of the benefits of a dumpster service and how hiring them would be advantageous for you.
- Safe: Any debris can be hazardous, be it at a commercial site or home. It can cause severe injury. But a dumpster service will take care of it, leaving the place clean and safe.
- Efficient Disposal: Once you hire a dumpster, waste disposal is not your headache. You may dump all your trash in one place without even segregating it, and you will not even realize it ever existed! Moreover, with a proper disposal system, a dumpster service company can manage waste efficiently in an eco-friendly way.
- No Legal Hassle: A dumpster service follows regulations, so you do not have to worry about running into any lawsuit regarding waste disposal.
So, if you are cleaning your house or getting it renovated and find yourself stuck in the middle of a load of trash, you know where to go. Now that you understand how renting a garbage service can prove to be convenient, here is all you need to know about the cost to rent a dumpster for a day.
The cost of hiring a dumpster can be different in different states. In some states, these services are cheaper than others. But on average, the following are the cost of renting a trash dumpster.
- 10 yards: $250-$350
- 20 yards- $345-$500
- 30 yards- $450-$600
- 40 yards- $500-$700
However, many factors will determine the cost to rent a trash dumpster.
The cost would depend on your site’s location and the distance from where the dumpster company is located. They will charge more for longer distances as it would mean more fuel cost for them. Hence, it would be best if you looked for a service that is located close to you.
- Garbage weight:
The price of the dumpster would differ depending on the size of the same. So obviously, smaller dumpsters would cost less than the bigger ones. This is the key factor in deciding the cost to rent a dumpster for a day.
- Type of trash:
The kind of debris would also decide the cost as it will be a significant factor in determining the garbage processing fees and the cost of landfill. There are various types of debris.
- Heavy trash/roofing/construction materials: Concrete, bricks, roofing vents, asphalt, gravel, plaster, wood, flooring, etc.
- House garbage: Furniture, general garbage
- Yard/garden waste: Soil, bushes, branches, leaves, shrubs
The cost of the landfill would impact your dumpster services cost. Usually, landfill cost is non-negotiable and forms a big chunk of the entire service cost.
The number of days you would need dumpster services would also help decide the cost to rent a trash dumpster. On average, the rental period is about 7-10 days, but if you need it for a longer duration, then it would cost more.
So, now you know how much it cost to rent a dumpster and all the factors that can affect the cost to rent a trash dumpster. This will hopefully help you in deciding about which dumpster service to hire.